A hands-on parent education event for you to explore and learn about your child’s Montessori classroom experience at LCMCS.
Friday, March 3rd (6-8 pm)
Saturday, March 4th (8:30am-12:00 pm)
- to help you gain a greater understanding of what makes the Montessori method so engaging, child-centered and complementary to how children learn. This experience will help you to better support your child(ren)’s work and education.
You can be a Montessori kid for a day!
- Explore the classroom academic environment and learn how to work with Montessori materials.
- Be part of a social group of parents, just like your kids are part of their classroom social group everyday.
- Remember what it is like to be a child.
- “Enlightening”; “Engaging & Purposeful”; “Eye-opening; amazed by the talent of those teaching our kids.” — Comments from some previous year’s attendees.
- Light refreshments provided Friday evening and Saturday morning
- Each adult attending will need to complete a separate registration form (even if part of the same family)
- Space is limited to 26 adults, so register soon!
- Attendance on both days is required
- Those needing childcare (limited availability), please sign-up using the following link: Childcare Sign-Up. Note: this childcare link is not a link to register for the program. To register for the program, please use the registration link at the bottom of this page.
On Friday evening, any children participating in childcare will be dropped off in the cafeteria between 5:45pm and 5:55pm (Please sign-up for childcare in advance). Attendees will then gather together for an orientation & refreshments in the Library. You will then be directed to begin your silent observation at each classroom level starting with Primary and finishing with MAC (Adolescent program).
On Saturday morning, children participating in childcare will need to be dropped off in the cafeteria between 8:15am and 8:25am. After a quick welcome and instructions, you will return to the classrooms for an opportunity to actively engage in Montessori lessons using materials as you would if you were a child in that classroom. Coffee, tea and pastries will be available during the morning welcome. We will end the discovery session with the opportunity to reflect and ask questions with parents and staff.
Questions? Email Director of Education, Jen Wyld at firstname.lastname@example.org