Thursday, February 20, 2020
5pm – 7pm in the LCMCS Auditorium
Hosted by Kami Hettwer and Younger/Older Elementary Students
Plase RSVP below if you plan to attend.
You’re invited to join us for Family Folk Dance Night! All LCMCS students, staff and their families are welcome.
Students are learning the dances in class and then they will become the teacher/partner to their family members.
Folk dancing is such an amazing way to connect not only with the music from different cultures, but with different generations of people. Music and dancing bring everyone together in a unique way. We hope to create a lasting tradition with this event that brings families together in a joyfully creative way while promoting a sense of community and school spirit.
While the idea of “dancing” may strike fear in your heart, Kami promises that if you come, you WILL have fun! There is no need to be “good” at dancing or know the dances ahead of time. Our students will teach you.
A few details to keep in mind….
- Come when you can and leave when you must
- Wear comfortable shoes
- No childcare available but Trails will be open until 6 pm. RSVP for Trails below so we have enough staff on hand.
List of Possible Dances to be performed….
- Sasha – Russian folk dance (mixer)
- Rakes of Mallow– Irish polka (circle)
- 7 Jumps – Danish folk dance (circle)
- Les Salut – French Canadian folk dance (circle)
- Old Brass wagon – American Midwest singing game (circle)
- Los Machetes – Mexican folk dance (double circle)
- Shake, Shake, Shake – (circle)
- Heel and Toe Polka – American barn dance (circle)
- Alabama Gal – southern United States singing game (longways set)
- Sashay the Donut – American folk dance (double circle with lots of sashaying)
Please RSVP Below: